The Web's unique strainer element design permits installation
in virtually any piping system operating at a positive pressure.
The Webs can operate through a wide range of operating pressures
(5 psig minimum) and solids loading with effective debris removal and
backwashing across the entire pressure range. Additionally, only one drain/backwash
connection is required for installation, effectively eliminating the expense
of a separate backwash pressure connection.
Strainers are used to protect equipment such as valves, pumps, meters,
heat exchangers or spray nozzles, as well as in-feed water and process
water applications or virtually any similar application.
The Web Model SFA Automatic Self-Cleaning Strainers are fabricated
in pipe sizes ranging from 1" to 48" to suit most application requirements.
Proven Features Include:
- Rugged screen and mechanical assist backwash mechanism extends
useful service life.
- Unique clog-resistant straining element reduces maintenance downtime.
- Unique adjustable accelerator plate aids cleaning in difficult applications.
- All internal replacement parts supplied in corrosion resistant material.
- Efficient new design reduces maintenance requirements; requires fewer
- Flats for manual operation in case of power failure.
- Low rpm backwash mechanism provides more efficient cleaning, less
wear of internals.
| Straining Element
The Webs feature a revolutionary reverse rolled wedgewire straining
element (Fig. 2) that is extremely rugged and more clog-resistant than
conventional strainer elements that use perforated plate or wire mesh
This proven state-of-the-art straining media is fabricated by wrapping
vertical rods with wedge shaped profile wire. Each intersection of rod
and wire is welded to produce an extremely rugged one-piece element. This
forms a continuous slot that allows only two point contact with debris
particles to reduce clogging.
The wedge shaped profile wire reduces the possibility of retaining debris
smaller than the screen opening which historically has been the cause
of premature clogging or failure of competitive screen designs.
Advantages of Wedge Wire Straining Element
- Maximum effective flow area and maximum operating efficiency are
maintained throughout service life.
- Maintenance costs are reduced drastically due to reduced clogging
and stappling of fibrous material.
- Long-lived straining element provides reduced operating costs over
entire service life.
- Rigid element prevents flexing which can cause premature element
- Efficient, effective debris collection at media/screen interface.